Bacardi Rum Cake
The Bacardi Rum Cake is a tasty treat that utilizes the healthy benefits of walnuts, heart healthy margarine, and a delicious glaze with the twist of Cuban Bacardi Rum.
- 1 package Whole Foods natural yellow cake mix
- 1 package Jell-O vanilla instant pudding & pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Wesson oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rum of the Bacardi family (80 proof)
- 1/2 cup margarine
Directions for Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pour chopped nuts at the bottom of a bundt pan. Grease with healthy heart margarine.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. Blend until smooth and pour over nuts. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until cake loosens from the sides of the pan. Do not undercook. Cool. Turn cake over onto serving plate and test for doneness.
Directions for Glaze
- Combine water, sugar, and margarine in a sauce pan and heat until boiling. Boil for 5 minutes. Stir in cup of Bacardi family rum. Cook until blended. Pour glaze over warmcake.
Serve Bacardi Cuba Rum cake with Bacardi Family drinks
View press release from Bacardi LTD about how the Bacardi Family Donates to PADF for Environment Disaster Relief in Cuba.